CCOM Housing...question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdcool

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello~ I have a question concerning about the housing price near the CCOM.
Apartments or single houses including townhomes.....
If you have any input...I really appreciate it. :)

Members don't see this ad.

mdcool said:
Hello~ I have a question concerning about the housing price near the CCOM.
Apartments or single houses including townhomes.....
If you have any input...I really appreciate it. :)

City View at the Highlands apts (on Highland Ave) are really nice, and they're only a year old. They're spacious, modern, and there is a pool. They are slightly pricey, but many ccom students live there, and the place is only like 2 min from campus. A two bedroom/2 bath runs around 1250, a one bedroom/1 bath runs around 1100, and a studio is approx 900. If you decide to try it, be sure to ask for a discount. They do give them and have a special midwestern discount.

Sorry, I don't know how much houses run in that area.

City View is soooo random regarding discounts. Some people get sweet deals, other people get not so sweet deals.

As for me, Im all about minimizing debt so I am in the un-airconditioned traditional dorms.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really appreciate it....

Any other suggestion? :) please........

I live in Yorktown II in Lombard, which is about a 5 minute ride from campus and I pay less in rent (w/2 other roomies) than those in the dorms. During the winter rent/heat/other is ~$480. Many CCOMers are in the Yorktown II complex as it is quite nice

Hey.
I'm basically from where CCOM is (less than a hour away), so I guess I can field the house question: it's expensive. Honestly, I think about 180,000 is the absolute lowest you could pay for something that's not a dump...and at the same time, I don't think you'll find anything for that price. I think recently I've seen stuff going for the mid 200's and 300's.

I'm sure there's gotta be exceptions to that if you look around...

Edit: Know what? I think I'm wrong. I think it's higher. I checked some real estate site out of curiosity, and found one with the title "IN DOWNERS GROVE FOR UNDER 300,000!!!!!!!" ....dude, that's not a good sign. Most of the homes on the sites I checked were high 200s, low 300s.

iwillbesoon said:
Hey.
I'm basically from where CCOM is (less than a hour away), so I guess I can field the house question: it's expensive. Honestly, I think about 180,000 is the absolute lowest you could pay for something that's not a dump...and at the same time, I don't think you'll find anything for that price. I think recently I've seen stuff going for the mid 200's and 300's.

I'm sure there's gotta be exceptions to that if you look around...

Edit: Know what? I think I'm wrong. I think it's higher. I checked some real estate site out of curiosity, and found one with the title "IN DOWNERS GROVE FOR UNDER 300,000!!!!!!!" ....dude, that's not a good sign. Most of the homes on the sites I checked were high 200s, low 300s.

WoW....That's really expensive. I was just wondering....because, I just didn't want to pay apartment rent anymore. However, what can I do.... ^^

Here's another CCOM housing question. Do they allow pets in any of the student housing areas? Or are me and my dog going to have to live off campus?

juantonamera said:
Here's another CCOM housing question. Do they allow pets in any of the student housing areas? Or are me and my dog going to have to live off campus?

No, pets are not allowed in the dorms. You have to ask someone about the on-campus apartments though, but I doubt it. I live in the new dorms and they are super nice, I may stay here next year too.

What are people's thoughts on the on-campus apartments? Are they nice? I don't want to live in the dorms, so it's either the on-campus apartments or I will have to find an apartment off-campus.