CCOM vs. DMU--Any input??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jiggyone

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to CCOM, and I just interviewed at DMU. The interview went great, and I felt even better once I left the campus. I have a good feeling that I am going to be accepted. My desicion has to be made by Dec. 15th, and I am ruling out any other possibilities now with this time constraint. I really liked both schools. They each had their strong points. I will be married by the time I start, and my future wife and I would like to stay in the area no matter which city we go to. Without just totally knocking either of these schools, can everyone put their two cents in. Please try to keep this positive. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations for having a choice between two great schools!!

Some things you might want to consider:
What is your wife going to be doing when you're in school? Will she be able to find a job in that area?
Which school makes it easier for you to stay in the area (or go to another area that you desire) during your clinical years?
Which curriculum do you think suits you better?
If you're planning on having children soon, consider which area has readily available daycare and such.

I know that Des Moines has an excellent K-12 school system (ranked 2nd in the nation or something), and my classmates' significant others had no trouble finding jobs or continuing their careers here. Having been to Des Moines for your interview, you know that it's not exactly a cornfield with a school in there somewhere. It's a nice place to live.

Feel free to PM me if you've got any questions. Good luck with your decision!