CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IUHoosier

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I will be attending CCOM and I am very excited about the school. I have a couple of questions. First, I was wondering if anyone attending now could tell me about the three on campus housing choices. Which one they felt was best. I also wanted to hear from everyone one else planning on going to CCOM, or already there. It took me awhile to decide, but I am extremely excited about my choice, so I would like to hear from others going to the same place. Finally, I have some free time now, and I was wondering if someone knew how I could go about obtaining the books and possibly notes for Biochemistry and Nueroscience. A doctor told me these were the two subjects which took the most time, and if wanted to get a head start I should look into reading up on some of this. Hope to hear from someone.

Thanks,

Josh

P.S. Did everyone see that great win by IU over Purdue.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey if you don't mind what were your stats...I was put on the hold for interview list...

njdevil,

My scores were almost identical to the average for CCOM acceptances. I think the biggest thing that helped me was that my recommendations came from tow DO's with a lot of clout with the school. I did see that you were accepted to KCOM. I haven't even heard back from them. Which would you go to if you had the choice? One thing I have looked for, but not heard much info about was the hospitals CCOM is affiliated with. Do you, or anybody else for that matter, have any info about that. Thanks for the help.

Josh

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Josh,
I'm going to attend CCOM as well! I know the school is affiliated with Olympia Fields Osteopathic Medical Center, which is an osteopathic hospital. It's in a Chicago suburb. Also, I think some rotations are through Cook County hospital(I heard that the show ER was modeled after it). Anything else I find out, I'll post.
Danny

Congrats to you too Danny,

I had also heard that CCOM was affiliated with Cook County. I think the opportunities to see good medicine there would be great. I just received word for an interview with KCOM. My only thing is that I don't think I could go wrong by going to CCOM. What do you think? Should I even bother. By the way, when was your interview. Your name sounds familiar.

Josh

Hey Josh. it is me the guy accaepted to lecom , who spoke to you sometime back. Guess you said later to LECOM! HEy i also received a letter from KCOm stating I was approved for an interview, but they had not given me a definite date yet? Did the same happen to you, or did they just set you up right away, I just want to know , because I am pretty much set at lecom unless this thing at KCom is really possible. Hope to get a reseponse. Have u ever heard of what i just sopke of, and what are the realistic possibilities of getting an interview so late and then being accepted??

Josh,
I interviewed at CCOM on Oct.27 Maybe we met at UHS-COM on 10/16, UNECOM on 10/24 or NYCOM on 11/21?
I didn't go to KCOM. Once I was admitted to CCOM the only other schools I thought about were UHS-COM and NYCOM(b/c I live in NY). I ultimately decided on CCOM but it was an extrememly hard decision. I've heard so many good things about the school. A big point for me was on-campus housing and location. It's in a suburb with access to a huge city.
Danny

Hey mr russon,

I did finally decide on CCOM. The location was best for me, and a doctor I really respect went there. I actually was given an interview spot sometime in the next two weeks. I have never heard of your situation, but I would not give up hope. The whole process is obviously a game. Plus, I am going to give up my interview spot, so hopefully you will get the opportunity. Have you heard much more about LECOM? I actually was really impressed with the school, and had a hard time deciding where to go. I think no matter what you will get a great education. Keep in touch, and let me know how things go.

Danny,

Disregard the question in the email about your interview. I guess I haven't met you. I agree, though, with you about the on campus housing. I like that part of it as well. Do you have any idea how I could go about obtaining the books for our classes. I have some time off, and a doctor told me I might be able to test out of Biochemistry. At least he did, although it was twenty years ago. It would sure lighten up the load.

Josh

Josh,
Does testing out mean not having to take a class? I hadn't heard about that but would be interested to know anything about it.
Danny