CCOM's interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halaljello

Hot Oil
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an interview with CCOM on the 19th....i've gotten mixed messages about the interview from a lot of people...anyone interview there yet and have some tips?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I am currently an MS-1 at CCOM, and am happy to let you know about my interview experience. I felt the interview day was well-structured for the most part, with admissions staff doing a great job of ensuring all of us that we should relax and let our personalities shine through in our respective interviews. They also emphasized that we should forget about our academic record during the interview, as we were all competitive enough academically to gain acceptance since we were offered interviews. I did not feel the tension or competitiveness in the air here at CCOM as I did at some other schools I have interviewed at. Although our class is very strong academically, the vast majority of us are just doing our personal best, striving toward the common goal of becoming osteopathic physicians.
Sorry if I digressed a bit there, back to the interview itself....it was a panel interview with a med student, a professor, and a CCOM physician alumnus. The questions were primarily about my experience, background and motivation for becoming an osteopathic physician (make sure you have a solid grasp of what osteopathy is before you interview...I know some of my fellow interviewees did not, and I have not seen them on campus this fall). The ethical question I was posed was what I would do in a situation in which I knew one of my classmates was cheating. Others were posed with the situation of being a physician dealing with a pregnant teen; whether or not to tell the parents that she was pregnant. Hope this helps!

Hi,

I am currently an MS-1 at CCOM, and am happy to let you know about my interview experience. I felt the interview day was well-structured for the most part, with admissions staff doing a great job of ensuring all of us that we should relax and let our personalities shine through in our respective interviews. They also emphasized that we should forget about our academic record during the interview, as we were all competitive enough academically to gain acceptance since we were offered interviews. I did not feel the tension or competitiveness in the air here at CCOM as I did at some other schools I have interviewed at. Although our class is very strong academically, the vast majority of us are just doing our personal best, striving toward the common goal of becoming osteopathic physicians.
Sorry if I digressed a bit there, back to the interview itself....it was a panel interview with a med student, a professor, and a CCOM physician alumnus. The questions were primarily about my experience, background and motivation for becoming an osteopathic physician (make sure you have a solid grasp of what osteopathy is before you interview...I know some of my fellow interviewees did not, and I have not seen them on campus this fall). The ethical question I was posed was what I would do in a situation in which I knew one of my classmates was cheating. Others were posed with the situation of being a physician dealing with a pregnant teen; whether or not to tell the parents that she was pregnant. Hope this helps!

Hello!

When you say experience and background, are you referring to your personal, non-medical experiences and background, or the specific ones that led you to pursue osteopathic medicine? Also, approximately how long did your interview last? Thank you for your help!

Hello!

When you say experience and background, are you referring to your personal, non-medical experiences and background, or the specific ones that led you to pursue osteopathic medicine? Also, approximately how long did your interview last? Thank you for your help!
Dawg. Dude wrote that when you were like 6. Not to mention he/ she hasn't logged on in nearly a decade...