CCS concerns

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joyus Eid

Reaction score
These questions I have never found answers to, would appreciate any help you have:

1-Should we input bowel prep for colonoscopy? Should we always consult GI for colonoscopy

2- Which HIV tests should we order? there are so many options

3- It seems that at some points, neurologic exam wasn't ordered in UW and actually penalized when I would have ordered it. Extremities/spine was ordered instead. Anyone thought that was weird? Did you order neurologic for example for cases of chest pain?|

4- Can I use call me as needed and stop when results demand I stop, or should I always use next result available?

5- When ordering fluconazole for candida vaginitis, do you input oral then cancel after one day, or keep it and then follow up in 2 weeks (ie patient took it for 2 weeks?!)

Appreciate the help

Members don't see this ad.

These questions I have never found answers to, would appreciate any help you have:

1-Should we input bowel prep for colonoscopy? Should we always consult GI for colonoscopy

2- Which HIV tests should we order? there are so many options

3- It seems that at some points, neurologic exam wasn't ordered in UW and actually penalized when I would have ordered it. Extremities/spine was ordered instead. Anyone thought that was weird? Did you order neurologic for example for cases of chest pain?|

4- Can I use call me as needed and stop when results demand I stop, or should I always use next result available?

5- When ordering fluconazole for candida vaginitis, do you input oral then cancel after one day, or keep it and then follow up in 2 weeks (ie patient took it for 2 weeks?!)

Appreciate the help

I think you're overthinking CCS. All you have to do is order the colonoscopy and it will get done even at 10 PM so you don't have to keep the patient overnight and worry about prepping them. Just order an HIV Ab test that looks legit. They'll all report out the same. The neurologic exam is time-intensive. For someone coming in with isolated complaint of blood in their urine, you don't need to do a CN exam. Just do the standard heart, lungs, extremities, vitals, etc. Only do Neuro if a neurologic issue is on your differential. I get that it's easier said than done because neuro is often on the differential with things like brain mets but try not to overthink it. I would be very wary of call me as needed and always just go to next result available. No need to cancel the oral medication. As you progress the software will make some acknowledgement and say patient hopes the med you gave them will make them feel better or even better is when it says patient feels better after XYZ med. They will assume you administered the dose and duration and aren't testing you on it as opposed to testing you on route. Requiring dosing knowledge would be way too much for Step 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Awesome! thank you soo much. @BacktotheBasics

quick question I had while doing a last revision: Pre-op, should we order type and cross or type and screen? Is there a test that will always be better?
General non-CCS question: When after surgery is it ok to start anticoagulation?

Last edited: