CDCA challenge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Resin86

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I came to the forum seeking some advice
came across some posts about the patient portion but very few ones about the mannequin part, especially prostho.
I really am a very excellent student and all my preps on practice typodonts are great; my mentors have attested to that.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As long as you make a stent, which is mandatory per the CDCA ADEX manual, you should pass. With the stent as a reference for reduction of the teeth, you should pass easily. The CDCA ADEX manual can be downloaded from their website. The prosth requirements are quite lenient. Ranges of clinically acceptable are 0.5mm-3mm reduction for some surfaces... that's a good amount of 'wiggle' space for you. I just took the endo/prost portion 2 weeks ago, and was able to pass just using the stents made on the test day.

Dental Exam Manual | CDCA

Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone.
I came to the forum seeking some advice, help from you. I am about to graduate from a residency program and I have attempted to take the CDCA several times now (not going to say how many) I have cleared all parts except for Prostho.
It has been devastating to the point I started to believe that maybe the CDCA flagged me or something (which I know is completely ridiculous ) but I am just so desperate and devastated.
Has the grading become more strict? Is there a quota on number of people they have to fail?
Has anyone recently had any problems with the mannequin part? I came across some posts about the patient portion but very few ones about the mannequin part, especially prostho.
I really am a very excellent student and all my preps on practice typodonts are great; my mentors have attested to that.
What should I do? Other than retaking it obviously ? Is anyone in the same boat with me?
I want to get over with this because honestly it has been a real life nightmare.

In addition to what the above poster mentioned, you can also take an impression of your preps and check them on the surveyor to look for undercuts, etc. could be very helpful in your situation.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
try taking the wreb, no prosth section. just endo on typodont and patient resto/perio

Hi everyone.
I came to the forum seeking some advice, help from you. I am about to graduate from a residency program.
Has anyone recently had any problems with the mannequin part? I came across some posts about the patient portion but very few ones about the mannequin part, especially prostho.
What should I do?

Be ware that they don't follow their own manual. Those so called examiners are actually a bunch of retired dentists, very old school. Make your preps by the book. Also be ware that if you fail you have to pay the full fee even to retake one part. Better to find out if other exams are accepted where you wanna go.

Status
Not open for further replies.