cell biology online

Started by yuki214
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yuki214

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have information on taking cell biology online? I know that U of Guelph and Minnesota offer these courses online, but cannot find web pages for these courses or information on registration. Also if you have taken either of these courses, what sort of time period did you finish them in and what did you think of them?

Thanks!
 
Maybe it would be nice if people could post info about all of the online courses they've taken along with reviews...

I'm in the market and I'm probably not the only one. It would be nice to see what others have taken!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took U of Guelph's online. The final is VERY hard. I would not recommend it at all!
 
Sophie10.... I don't know if it was a typo... but the deadline for completing required courses is July 1st ... I was talking to MSU about it last week, when they were telling me about that online cell biology course... I would hate to see you take it, thinking you had until july 9th to complete it, and then be disqualified from admissions bc you didn't finish by the 1st!!!
 
kiki1983- Oops! I was thinking July 9th! I was thinking that's what the letter said.. Thanks for setting me straight!

I think you still could finish U of Minn by July 1st? Hopefully!
 
No problem! I think it is definitely possible to finish it by July 1st... you can register for it anytime, and then you have up to 9 months to complete it (obviously that would not be an option for us)... the site says it takes students usually about 3 months to complete it... so, if I do end up taking it, I will work at a crazy pace to make sure I get it done on time!!