sunshine02

7+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2012
Status
Medical Student
For those who have taken this course, what are some tips you would recommend for studying for this subject? How did you study for this detail-oriented and (rumored) difficult class?

airabuyu13

professional improviser
May 22, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Record lectures and relisten on double speed before the test to catch any details experiments or concepts you missed or didn't fully grasp the full time around.

Fedxup

5+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I loved cell bio (Didn't get an A) it was a lot detail. You should be fine if you have a good foundation from Bio 1 & 2. I thought molecular bio was a much harder class.

No Limits

I was told there'd be Cookies
Nov 3, 2013
Schrödinger's Box
Status
Medical Student
Read the text section before lecture so lecture reinforces the material you've already passed through. Easy A.
This. Honestly, if you stay on top of the reading you will do fine. Read the book then the PowerPoint...repeat.

Aug 27, 2013
Status
I did very well. Read the ppt lecture the morning of class. Go to class and listen, try and actively memorize, not necessarily take notes. Record the lecture! The same day later, relisten to the lecture and take notes on a Word doc. Guaranteed success.

OP
sunshine02

sunshine02

7+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Thanks for the replies! I'm asking because I'm kind of at a loss for what to do. My major does not require cell bio, but I've heard how cell bio is useful for the mcat. But cell bio at my school is also notoriously hard and I don't want to risk hurting my gpa. Are there any suggestions for what I should do? Do you think cell bio for the mcat will be easy to study on my own? I'm sure the class will offer more details than necessary for the mcat.

itsthat1guy

Not that other guy
Oct 25, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
I aced cell biology, my strategy was sir through lecture and then listen to recording after class, use that time to take very detailed notes.review this before exam and do practice problems if provided

ninjaman22

5+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Pretty much read the chapters in the textbook. Also I went to class and listened to the professor since he was pretty interesting and funny!