Cellphones allowed in hospitals??

Started by clachan3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

clachan3

Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We can't have cellphones where I work (retail), so it won't look so good if I upgrade to a blackberry looks like a phone with pharmacy references in it... I don't have any close friends work in hospitals, is there any problem with having one in hospitals? :luck:
 
We can't have cellphones where I work (retail), so it won't look so good if I upgrade to a blackberry looks like a phone with pharmacy references in it... I don't have any close friends work in hospitals, is there any problem with having one in hospitals? :luck:

My hospital provided "pager" is a BlackBerry.
 
Hospitals are way cooler than retail! :meanie:

Many of my hospitals have free wifi also..

Then again, cellphone reception isn't the best throughout the hospital.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We can't have cellphones where I work (retail), so it won't look so good if I upgrade to a blackberry looks like a phone with pharmacy references in it... I don't have any close friends work in hospitals, is there any problem with having one in hospitals? :luck:


What retail pharmacy wont let you have a cell phone and how would they know. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I could see not letting the techs have one, because they would be talking on it all night...
 
What retail pharmacy wont let you have a cell phone and how would they know. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I could see not letting the techs have one, because they would be talking on it all night...


You'd be surprised...it's usually the RPh doing the talking...the techs just talk to each other and act obnoxious...
 
i have a hospital-supplied blackberry as well.
we just got issued the new curves.
 
A cell phone ban isn't going to stop someone from talking. Some idiot floater I was working with 2 months ago spent at least 80% of the shift on the phone (using the store phone)

Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with it but:

#1 - She wasn't too happy when I announced I was taking a break and walked out.
#2 - She had to use a "pump" every 4-5 hours because she recently gave birth.
#3 - Overly emotional, she had a break down because her babysitter quit on her while on the job because she put a lock down on the TV at home.

Whatever, she's gone now, and I think she got a pretty bad customer complaint.
 
Last edited:
A cell phone isn't going to stop someone from talking. Some idiot floater I was working with 2 months ago spent at least 80% of the shift on the phone (using the store phone)

Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with it but:

#1 - She wasn't too happy when I announced I was taking a break and walked out.
#2 - She had to use a "pump" every 4-5 hours because she recently gave birth.
#3 - Overly emotional, she had a break down because her babysitter quit on her while on the job because she put a lock down on the TV at home.

Whatever, she's gone now, and I think she got a pretty bad customer complaint.

dude, she recently had a kid? cut her some slack!
 
Hey, thanks guys. I didn't think I was going to get any response, or probably get laughed at...so thanks very much Everyone!! :biglove: