1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Cellular/Molecular Bio on MCAT

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by sunny121, Oct 24, 2002.

1. sunny121

sunny121 New Member

How much cellular and molecular biology appears on the MCAT? I'm asking because my college (small liberal arts) only offers these classes as part of a modular system, so i would take cellular/molecular/ bio one semester and ecology/microbiology the next. I am concerned that these classes will not cover all the material that will be on the MCAT and i am considering taking these classes at another college through a domestic exchange or transfer (i am well aware of how the adcom looks at taking classes outside your college or during the summer). Do you think it would be more beneficial to take a full semster of cellular and a full semester of molecular bio? thanks for your help-

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. nero

nero Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

although many will disagree, i say yes, take the classes, it sure as heck helped me.

nero