Cellular respiration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

summershimmer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey does any one know if we should know all the steps in cellular respiration, or just the basic (like how many atps are made at a certain step)? Any info would be helpful. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

i would say most they would ask of you is, breakdown of the three steps of cell respiration. which ones are anaerobic and which ones are aerobic. What are the two kinds of anaerobic resipration and which organisms use which. what is ATP breakdown for each step. What are end products of each stage. Which stages are substrate phosphorylation and which ones are oxidative phosphorylation. Which stage gives you the most ATP. How much ATP you get from FADH2 and NADH molecules. And i guess what is the net total ATP gained from all of cell respiration. Beyond that, I guess it helps to know that cytochromes are involved during electron transport chain. I can't think of anything else they'd ask haha. someone chime in if there's other details i'm missing.

Quick question...How much detail do we need to know for photosynthesis? From some practice exams ive ran into specific questions dealing with the electron flow through the 2 photosystems.

Let me know,
Thanks!

i'd say for photosynthesis, what's in the kaplan book should be enough. the two photosystems, which ones absorb which wavelength, cyclic electron flow and non cyclic electron flow; which one's better...; what are the products of cyclic and non-cyclic. where they occur, both light reactions and dark reactions. for dark reactions, what does it use from the light reactions. the fact that dark reactions still occur in light at same time as light reaction(just called dark because they don't specifically need light). and one question i vaguely recall from destroyer was, how do you get oxygen as a by product? from carbon dioxide or breakdown of water at the end of the light cycle.

i can't see them asking any more in detail beyond that of kaplan blue book. if anyone has taken the dat's and seen anything beyond what i described please let me know so i can cram some more haha =P