Certification and Transmission for AMCAS app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ussdfiant

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just submitted my AMCAS app and all the boxes are checked except for the Certification and Transmission box. Is this normal? I put in all payment info and received a Transaction status page. I just wanted to know if any further action needs to be done on my part. Also, after I send AMCAS my transcripts (did everyone use the transcript request form on the AMCAS app?)is there anything else that I need to do?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by ussdfiant:
•is there anything else that I need to do?

Pray! ;)

P.S. It's normal for the certification/submission box not to be checked if you've gone back into the application for any reason (like printing it out, or just to see what the information looks like). I used their form for recs. The next thing you should do is go to Drakos's site that lists all the schools accepting paper copies of AMCAS from applicants, and the schools with on-line secondaries, and start mailing out those paper copies and working on the secondaries. And just when you thought you were done! ;)

Here's the link to Drako's site: http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/paperamcas2002.htm

Good luck.

Thanks for the info SMW, now I have another question. If a school does accept a paper app (such as MCP Hahnemann, which I am applying to) do I just print it out and send it to the school with a transcript, or does AMCAS still need to verify it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by ussdfiant:
•Thanks for the info SMW, now I have another question. If a school does accept a paper app (such as MCP Hahnemann, which I am applying to) do I just print it out and send it to the school with a transcript, or does AMCAS still need to verify it?•

Since all schools are going to wait for verification from AMCAS before doing anything final, you don't need to send transcripts along with your paper copy unless the school's specifically requesting it (Johns Hopkins is the only one the comes to mind). You wouldn't want to wait for processing/verification from AMCAS before sending the paper copy, because you might be waiting until Christmas! :( Or forever! :mad:
You can recopy the page with the list of schools by putting a piece of paper over the other schools you're applying to. Your schools don't need, nor do they expect, to see the entire list of schools you're applying to. I recommend sending that paper copy and secondaries by some method that allows you to track delivery. I've been using Express Mail with Delivery Confirmation.

I actually use Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation, since it only takes about 3 days to deliver to the admission offices and is much cheaper than Express Mail.

Originally posted by Daredevil:
•I actually use Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation, since it only takes about 3 days to deliver to the admission offices and is much cheaper than Express Mail.•

You are absolutely right, Daredevil, -- that's what I meant to say.