Asking for personalized feedback on AMCAS app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yoshistory

Reaction score
Long story short, I accidentally asked both UC Davis and UCSD if they would be willing to provide personalized feedback on my application, not realizing until later that they specifically stated in my rejection email that they do not do so. Will this affect my chances at all for next year's cycle? Thank you :')

Members don't see this ad.

No I don't believe so, unless you submit the exact same essays on your primary and secondary application, which you definitely should not do regardless of schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Long story short, I accidentally asked both UC Davis and UCSD if they would be willing to provide personalized feedback on my application, not realizing until later that they specifically stated in my rejection email that they do not do so. Will this affect my chances at all for next year's cycle? Thank you :')

(joking with this...)

So you don't carefully read your emails...

Halloween Costume GIF

We all do that. Pay closer attention the next time. Don't fret over it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any schools that *do* offer personalized feedback? My cycle is now over and I'm wondering if any schools do offer suggestions for reapp.

• Care
Are there any schools that *do* offer personalized feedback? My cycle is now over and I'm wondering if any schools do offer suggestions for reapp.
If a school doesn't say they DON'T offer feedback, it doesn't hurt to ask. Bear in mind that you may not hear back, or you may get only a cursory response (ie "your MCAT was on the low side"; "you could have used more clinical hours"; "you didn't quite fit our mission"). You are probably more likely to get feedback from a school if they at least gave you an interview.

The only one I've seen for sure is Michigan State U CHM! They have a pretty long self-assessment guide you have to fill out, but once you email it to them they will schedule a meeting between you and a counselor