Certiphi background check question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itsgoingtibiagoodday

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted into a program recently and got the email to fill out the certiphi background check forms. In GA (where I live), traffic violations are considered misdemeanors; I'm just wondering whether I need to include these in this form for the speeding tickets I had in high school/college.

Members don't see this ad.

It will show up on your background check report

This should have been noted on AMCAS
It wont be an issue but so note it now

I didn’t realize they were misdemeanors until a month ago when someone said something in another thread (ugh); but okay I’ll say something! Thanks guys!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn’t realize they were misdemeanors until a month ago when someone said something in another thread (ugh); but okay I’ll say something! Thanks guys!!

I think I read on the certiphi report form not to report minor traffic violations....anyhow, I have a few traffic violations (post 18 years of age) that were not listed. I’m also a Georgia resident by the way. Did you complete the request a month ago? It should’ve been completed by now most likely.

I think I read on the certiphi report form not to report minor traffic violations....anyhow, I have a few traffic violations (post 18 years of age) that were not listed. I’m also a Georgia resident by the way. Did you complete the request a month ago? It should’ve been completed by now most likely.
Nah, definitely report them. I'm a GA resident and did so. The only speeding ticket I got was OOS but it did show up on my report. I was told I shouldn't worry about it both here and by admissions at my school. So far it has been a non-issue.

I had one other traffic ticket that was >5 years ago that did not show up. Might've been what happened with you.

Do you mean like a speeding ticket????

Nah, definitely report them. I'm a GA resident and did so. The only speeding ticket I got was OOS but it did show up on my report. I was told I shouldn't worry about it both here and by admissions at my school. So far it has been a non-issue.

I had one other traffic ticket that was >5 years ago that did not show up. Might've been what happened with you.

Hmm I guess our circumstances were different. I’ve had a few that have been as decent as 3 years ago. I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt to report them anyway.