Certiphi Background Check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm4life123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If my friend was arrested but the officer misspelled his name, would it show up on the certiphi background check?

Members don't see this ad.

Probably. You can just pay for your own background check to see if it does or not before doing one for medical school.

Edit: Your friend can*

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Probably. You can just pay for your own background check to see if it does or not before doing one for medical school.

Edit: Your friend can*

I thought the default on the Internet is that "your friend" = "you"?

Reactions: 2 users
To clarify, the cost is a sliding scale that is dependent on where you live and the extent of the search, but the max possible is $150. I think mine came out to $71.

At this point in the process, if you've been accepted and the school participates in the AMCAS background check, you can get a copy of it for free. You have the right to review your Certiphi background check at no cost before it is sent to schools.

Let's say the poster is applying for the 2018-2019 cycle and hasn't submitted anything yet. How would one go about running a certiphi background check.

Should have gotten an email when they submitted their primary apps. They can use that link from certiphi.

Edit 1: Here is the link.

Edit 2: I think it costs like $150 FYI

If you pay to do it before an acceptance do you have to pay again if you're accepted to an MD school?

Hes not paying. I told him to just do the background check and see what shows up. How long does it usually take?

I have no direct knowledge of this... I would think that a "pending ...." thing on a background check that relates to an arrest that occurred after the application was submitted and that has not yet arrived at a final conclusion in the court system, might cause the school to say that your offer of admission and your matriculation is on hold until there is a resolution of the court case. In part, this may depend on what you've been charged with.

If your background check was clean what did certiphi email you?

I would not use certiphi if you are just trying to see your background to be safe before doing an official med school background check. If you use certiphi it is free and they will give a copy to you for you to review. You have a certain number of days to dispute the background check after which they will automatically send it to the school you got accepted to who is requesting it. I believe that you are not allowed to withhold a certiphi background check from medical schools (they will send it no matter what). At least thats what they made it seem like when I did it.

@Pharm4life123 certiphi doesnt email you anything if you are clean. They email you that your report has been complete and they tell you you can log on to view it. My report basically gave me a list of where I have lived (they some how found one of my old addresses that I forgot to report). Then they basically list if you are clear of all legal offenses in all of the states which you may have previously lived in.