CGP/BCGP exam 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxblyou

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I signed up to take the exam in Nov (try to take it before they change the format). I am currently using the ASCP review course but not sure if its very helpful (outdated info/very comprehensive/overwhelming). I was wondering if anyone has any advice?

I also come across some study guide available to purchase on med101. has anyone used it before?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i looked into MedEd but didn't use it. there is a user on here that did purchase it but said the speaker is very slow.
i'm looking into the outline, some topic CE lectures and practice quizzes. considering buying the ASHP practice test but not sure if its worth the $50.

wanted advice/clarification on 2 questions i've come across that i don't understand the answer:

1. Screening tools used in assessing emotional disturbances in the elderly include

a. MMSE

b. GDS

c. BDI

d. Clock Drawing Test

e. SLUM

I thought the answer was GDS - geriatric depression scale, because that is what we use. but the BDI - beck depression inventory was the correct answer. can anyone provide clarification?
-----------------------------------------------------
Common clinical manifestations of Iron-deficiency anemia (IDA) include all except
Select one:
a. Depression
b. Ankle edema
c. Bradycardia
grade_incorrect

d. Breathlessness
e. Fatigue, weakness

i know IDA can cause tachycardia but doesn't it also cause shortness of breath. therefore, breathlessness should be correct?

1. Which of the following is true about the effects of aging on the GI system?

a. Nutrition absorption increases

b. GI motility remains intact

c. Constipation is rare

d. Fecal incontinence is rare

e. Traumatic lesions are rare

i thought motility is decreased.
also what would be examples of traumatic lesions?