MD cGPA: 3.55 sGPA: 3.3 MCAT:509 heavy course load and lots of E/Cs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saratonin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA:3.55
sGPA: 3.3
Huge upward trend (had two bad semesters where I took too many science classes, my lowest gpa in the last four semesters was a 3.75)
MCAT: 26 on old test
509/128/127/127/127
Small liberal arts college for undergrad
Major: neuroscience
Minors: Physics, French
I was a physics major until my junior year so my courseload was very heavy in math and physics which brought down my gpa. I failed quantum mechanics the first time and had to retake but got an A the second time.
During the two bad semesters I had to withdrawal from a class, but it was 2 credits and was for the honors program which I dropped out of because I felt it was more work than it was worth.

I was a varsity swimmer for 4 years and also ran cross country and track for three seasons each. I have run two marathons since graduating college.

Alumni chair, then Social chair, then PR chair for my sorority, also was the homecoming candidate

Treasurer then president of the premed society

In four honors organizations, one of which I was the president

My undergraduate senior thesis is currently under review for publication and I am currently working at the NIH as a Postbac researcher.

I have a lot of shadowing and volunteer experience, including three medical mission trips.

I am a certified lifeguard and EMT, and so my summers were spent on an ambulance or guarding a pool. I saw three people get shot and helped to save them. Also delivered a baby.

The summer after my freshman year I studied abroad and I am pretty conversant in French.

What are my chances at MD schools?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Also I'm a white female

Also I'm from Pennsylvania

Members don't see this ad :)
You should have a chance for an interview at your PA schools such as Penn State, Commonwealth, Drexel, Temple and Jefferson. Others schools to consider include:
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
any new private MD schools that open in 2017 (Roseman, Henricopolis, ?Seton Hall)

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks, I haven't heard of a few of those so definitely will look into them!