cGPA:3.61, sGPA:3.88, MCAT : 34Q(12/10VR/12 Q)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CND

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where should I apply as a Canadian student who just finished University. Any pointers from Canadians applying to the US would be helpful.

So far here is my list:
Albert Einstein
UCLA - David Geffen
UCSF
Dartmouth
Columbia
Emory
George Washington
Mount Sinai
Northwestern
Rosalind Franklin
Tulane
VCU
BU
SUNY upstate

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone give me advice on my school list? Schools I should definetly add with these stats and schools I should absolutely take off. I really want to go to a UC but I don't think that is going to happen as I'm not a CA resident. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Albert Einstein 49/504 interviewed
UCLA - David Geffen Tough-only 8 international interviews last year (8/240 interviewed)
UCSF Impossible- only 1 international interview in the past 2 years (0/158 interviewed)
Dartmouth 26/532 interviewed
Columbia 51/498 interviewed
Emory 28/306 interviewed
George Washington Tough- only 4/516 interviewed
Mount Sinai 36/379 interviewed
Northwestern 64/377 interviewed
Rosalind Franklin 54/668 interviewed
Tulane 22/323 interviewed
VCU Rough- 0 interviewed in the past 2 years (0/136 interviewed)
BU 40/620 interviewed
SUNY upstate 19/439
Well, I am not Canadian nor do I know much about applying to medical school from Canada, but for some reason other posters seem to be drawn in once I post something (like in this thread when I posted about another topic I know nothing about- MD/PhD applicants http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=821378)

Anyway, I looked up some stats on international applicants to your schools list. Overall, most of them seem to be pretty accepting of international applicants, but I am afraid it is going to be very tough to even get an interview in California. (BTW, the fractions mean # of international interviews/# of international applicants. Also, the fractions are only from the most recent 2012-2013 MSAR) Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about Canadian applicants can come help you as well

Good luck !