WAMC cGPA 3.82 sGPA 3.88 MCAT 509 (127/127/128/127)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dillydilly123

Reaction score
  1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS- 3.82/3.88 Bio major Psych minor
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown-509 (127/127/128/127)
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US)-South Carolina
  4. Ethnicity and/or race- white
  5. Undergraduate institution or category- U of SC
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)- Currently working as a scribe in ED anticipated hours 760 but will likely be more at the rate I've been working
  7. Research experience and productivity- worked as lab technician through one of my professors for 3 years 640 hours
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented- Neurosurgeon 80 hrs
  9. Non-clinical volunteering- CRISISline counselor 210 hours 171 anticipated
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)- Mental Health Officer in my Fraternity (leadership position) 2 years 120 hrs, Tutor for student athletes 125 hrs, Masonry laborer 432 hrs, Service industry (bartending, expo, gave wine tastings at a winery, made sandwiches at a sub shop) 2875 hrs 1100 anticipated, Basketball (played since a child, varsity, intramurals, still play in men's leagues) 6500 hrs.
  11. Relevant honors or awards
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important- while was I very fortunate to not have to fully support myself through college, I did work part time throughout and full time in summers. Worth mentioning, I was essentially raised by a single mother as my father had battled substance abuse for most of my early childhood. He was able to get sober for a while but passed from away from cancer last year. I believe my LOR will be solid. Graduated a semester early (fall 2021) so I always had maximum amount of credit hours (not sure if that counts for anything). No real trend with grades, they took a bit of hit with COVID but I had a 4.0 my last semester with a very rigorous schedule (3 500-600 level BIO and 3 400 level psych classes).

School list secondaries already complete
MD

MUSC
U of SC Columbia
U of SC Greeneville
Medical college of Wisconsin
Rush
EVMS
Wake Forest
Temple
Tulane (submitted before Labor Day but still on the later side for Tulane)
George Washington

DO
VCOM
Nova
PCOM
LECOM
Rowan

MD/DO secondaries still submitting
Vtech
Loyola
Touro Nevada

Received Il from LECOM and U of SC Columbia (think it's just because it's my alma mater). With step 1 being pass fail I have concerns with how that will affect DO matching so have a strong preference for MD. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Received Il from LECOM and U of SC Columbia (think it's just because it's my alma mater). With step 1 being pass fail I have concerns with how that will affect DO matching so have a strong preference for MD. Thoughts?
As has been discussed ad nauseum in these fora, do well on Step 2

I suggest the following:
NYU.LI
U VM
Nova MD
Jefferson (maybe)
Wake Forest
GWU
VCU
Rush
NYMC
Gtown
Creighton
Albany
Rosy Franklin
Drexel
Temple
Miami
MCW
SLU
Wayne State
Tulane
Loyola
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Netter
Hackensack Meridian
EVMS
Oakland-B
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
TCU/UNT
Your state schools.

Your DO list is good. Consider CUSOM, KYCOM, ACOM

Reactions: 1 user