Chad Videos vs Coursesaver

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preopt2019

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm finally starting to study for the OAT and came across these two. I'm not really sure what the difference between them besides that coursesaver is $50 a month. Does anyone have any thoughts between the two or if you prefer one over the other? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I used Chadvideos as “reminder” for the subjects. I think his videos are really good, he makes subjects easy to understand. I would highly recommend getting the OAT Destroyer and the Math Destroyer as well, the physics destroyer was a waste of money.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Koalabear_09. Chad's vids, destroyer, and then DAT Bootcamp for physics (Free) are the best materials imo.

Coursesaver is Chad's vids but they come with quizzes too. I would honestly use chad's vids on his site because they are free and include practice tests which can be a supplement to the quizzes on course saver! if you want to buy the quizzes on course saver, i think its only $10. don't buy the whole $50. But again, 50 is pretty cheap for one month.

I used the coursesaver videos and it looks like I'm one of the people that spent more money than I needed to. What I can tell you about coursesaver is the videos are tailored to the OAT/DAT/MCAT and his examples mirror what you're likely to see on the test. I'd venture to guess that the material is streamlined for the test as well, compared to his videos that are designed to teach a whole subject, but I haven't seen his videos on the $10 site so I can't say for sure. Also there are like 1700+ quiz questions on all the subjects, including QR, which I thought was helpful. I'm all for saving money, but I did like the layout of coursesaver and don't think you're necessarily wasting your money.

I used the coursesaver videos and it looks like I'm one of the people that spent more money than I needed to. What I can tell you about coursesaver is the videos are tailored to the OAT/DAT/MCAT and his examples mirror what you're likely to see on the test. I'd venture to guess that the material is streamlined for the test as well, compared to his videos that are designed to teach a whole subject, but I haven't seen his videos on the $10 site so I can't say for sure. Also there are like 1700+ quiz questions on all the subjects, including QR, which I thought was helpful. I'm all for saving money, but I did like the layout of coursesaver and don't think you're necessarily wasting your money.

thanks! I was leaning towards going with coursesaver because it comes with Bio, RC, and QR too! Did you only use coursesaver to study for the OAT or did you use other stuff too?

Does anyone know if the videos and quizzes on Chadvideos.com and coursesaver are the same for physics, GC and OC?

thanks! I was leaning towards going with coursesaver because it comes with Bio, RC, and QR too! Did you only use coursesaver to study for the OAT or did you use other stuff too?

I used 90% coursesaver...mainly for chem, ochem, and physics, but I also watched the bio videos and did a lot of the QR quizzes. I also used Kaplan's 2018 OAT book for bio only, which I found useful. I made flash cards using ANKI for all of the subjects, which was VERY helpful for memorizing physics formulas, ochem reactions, and everything biology related. There are no coursesaver videos on QR or RC; they have a tool you can use to practice reading faster, but you essentially copy/paste material you've picked to read. I didn't use it at all. The other really nice thing is that all of the quiz questions have fairly detailed descriptions of the right answer and, often times, why the other answers are wrong. Overall, I was really happy with coursesaver and would recommend it to anyone. Although the other people's scores speak to how well the other videos worked as well. So I think if you put the time in, you can't go wrong. For what it's worth I scored a 350AA /370 TS

I used 90% coursesaver...mainly for chem, ochem, and physics, but I also watched the bio videos and did a lot of the QR quizzes. I also used Kaplan's 2018 OAT book for bio only, which I found useful. I made flash cards using ANKI for all of the subjects, which was VERY helpful for memorizing physics formulas, ochem reactions, and everything biology related. There are no coursesaver videos on QR or RC; they have a tool you can use to practice reading faster, but you essentially copy/paste material you've picked to read. I didn't use it at all. The other really nice thing is that all of the quiz questions have fairly detailed descriptions of the right answer and, often times, why the other answers are wrong. Overall, I was really happy with coursesaver and would recommend it to anyone. Although the other people's scores speak to how well the other videos worked as well. So I think if you put the time in, you can't go wrong. For what it's worth I scored a 350AA /370 TS

Thank you!! :) Quantitative Reasoning | CourseSaver I am seeing that there are videos for QR! Do you still have the link to your ANKI cards?

Thank you!! :) Quantitative Reasoning | CourseSaver I am seeing that there are videos for QR! Do you still have the link to your ANKI cards?

Oh wow, I must have totally missed that lol. I could have sworn they weren't included in the OAT package, but that wouldn't make much sense. Anyway, I do not have my ANKI cards but even if I did, they would not help you. I recommend you make your own if you're familiar with ANKI for a couple of reasons. First, if you use pre-made cards, you don't have the context from which they are made and they may not be as effective and some might not even make sense to you. Second, even though its a pain in the buns, it is helpful for your memory to make them yourself. Making them is like an initial review of them and helps solidify the information in your memory. I know you're in a time crunch, but it will still help!

Oh wow, I must have totally missed that lol. I could have sworn they weren't included in the OAT package, but that wouldn't make much sense. Anyway, I do not have my ANKI cards but even if I did, they would not help you. I recommend you make your own if you're familiar with ANKI for a couple of reasons. First, if you use pre-made cards, you don't have the context from which they are made and they may not be as effective and some might not even make sense to you. Second, even though its a pain in the buns, it is helpful for your memory to make them yourself. Making them is like an initial review of them and helps solidify the information in your memory. I know you're in a time crunch, but it will still help!
Oh its okay! I never heard of ANKI before and didnt know what it is.