Chad's Videos for Content

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheRealAngeleno

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I heard about Chad's videos and I was wondering if they would be sufficient enough to get me through the content review of physics, gchem and ochem. It would be a lot faster for me to cover the content material through those videos and then I was thinking of just plowing through the TBR and TPR materials I have for practice passages. Would that be sufficient or is it imperative that I read through the TBR books for content instead? I'm just thinking I would get through the content review much faster which would give me a lot of time to do more practice passages and practice exams. The only content review I would be reading from then would be EK bio. Thanks a lot guys.

Members don't see this ad.

...or is it imperative that I read through the TBR books for content instead?

The practice passages and answer explanations are definitely the strength of the BR books, so your plan should be okay. But in the sample questions within the reading part, there are several tricks for how to solve questions faster. Those are really important. There are probably 200 to 300 questions in the reading sections of each subject. At the very minimum, you should do all of the questions in the reading part as well as the passages at the end of the books.

I'd also read the BR sections for heavily test material (things like acids and bases, lab techniques, electrochemistry, fluids and solids), because they have some great ways to think about the concepts.

The practice passages and answer explanations are definitely the strength of the BR books, so your plan should be okay. But in the sample questions within the reading part, there are several tricks for how to solve questions faster. Those are really important. There are probably 200 to 300 questions in the reading sections of each subject. At the very minimum, you should do all of the questions in the reading part as well as the passages at the end of the books.

I'd also read the BR sections for heavily test material (things like acids and bases, lab techniques, electrochemistry, fluids and solids), because they have some great ways to think about the concepts.

Will do BerkTeach. So I'll probably just read through those sections for heavily test material and maybe those that I have weaknesses in. Thanks a lot!

What's Chad's videos? I have never heard or read about this on the mcat forum. I'd probably just stick to the tried and true: BR, EK, and TPR.

Members don't see this ad :)
Although Chad's videos are great, he can't cover a 30+ page chapter (of TBR/TPR) in 30-60 minutes.
A combination of both would be great, but if you're short on time, and more importantly comfortable with the material, Chad's videos are the quickest way.
If you find yourself lost in a certain passage/discrete, you can always refer to your TBR books.

I never checked out Chad's videos, but I did almost all of my MCAT content review with Khanacademy.org and wikipremed.com videos. They served me very well.

I never checked out Chad's videos, but I did almost all of my MCAT content review with Khanacademy.org and wikipremed.com videos. They served me very well.

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing these sites. They look very helpful, especially the wikipremed.

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing these sites. They look very helpful, especially the wikipremed.

You're welcome! They are both great!

Wikipremed did not have all the videos uploaded when I was studying, which is what eventually led me to using Khan as well. John Wetzel (of Wikipremed, who posts here sometimes) is great at in-depth explanation and relating concepts together, which is very helpful, but as you can expect, it makes his videos longer. Khan is a bit more to the point and the way he draws the explanations on that Wacom thing worked well for me, as I learn best when I'm seeing, hearing and writing.

I used both sources pretty equally, except in the areas where one site did not have all of their videos up (Wikipremed did not have much of the biology videos up, and Khan didn't have any organic chem at the time), but I believe both have the full set of the four subjects you will need for the MCAT now.

I also am not big on flashcards, but I DID make some for common organic mechanisms based on this Gold Standard page. http://www.goldstandard-mcat.com/organic-chemistry-mechanisms/ I'm pretty sure there were one or two questions on my BS section I got right as a direct result of these.