chads videos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jon stewart

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the difference is between the "
2010 HD General Chemistry" and the '
2012 HD General Chemistry"

thanks all

Members don't see this ad.

2010 is better. The difference is that 2010 vs 2012, he just had a different class/set of students, and that he used different examples. None the less he teaches well. However my complaint about the 2012 one was it felt rushed, while the 2010 felt much more relaxed and slower. If you get the mcat or dat package I believe you get access to both 2010 and 2012.

Sidenote, quality of 2012 was better than 2010, but 2010s quality isnt bad just in terms of rate it was lower.

Awesome thanks do much for the reply. I do have access to both and have been viewing the 2012 videos because I thought they were more "updated" or something. As for the quality I don't see the 2012 in "HD".

I wasn't aware that he used different examples in the different sets of videos. Might not hurt to look at both sets?

It wouldnt hurt, but it'd just be a waste of time. He teaches very similarly in both sets so using different examples wont make a radical change in your learning. I'd suggest you watch one set and just stick to it. Also use the extra time to do problems problems problems!

I kind of liked 2012 better. Those videos just seem more polished and I felt the examples were much more clear.