Challenge Essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physiciandreams

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been trying to write my challenge essay and was looking for advice on which way to go with it. I have a few scenarios:

1) Emotionally abusive relationship with my father which caused a lot of self-doubt through college and caused me to struggle with my grades. But later realized I shouldn't internalize someone else's words and let that be a limitation. Once this happened I did my best in school and overall excelled.

2) When I was in the early stages of starting an organization, one of the co-founders who no longer wanted to be a part of it suggested that we split the money that had been awarded for our efforts previously for personal use. I knew that it was wrong ethically and despite it causing a strain in our relationship I spoke up against this.

3) The organization I co-founded was getting a lot of attention through our business school and we were presented with the opportunity to speak about our organization to some important business people who were a major source of funding for the business school. Despite being an introverted individual I knew that it was important for me to challenge myself and become comfortable with speaking situations.

Open to any suggestions, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I've been trying to write my challenge essay and was looking for advice on which way to go with it. I have a few scenarios:

1) Emotionally abusive relationship with my father which caused a lot of self-doubt through college and caused me to struggle with my grades. But later realized I shouldn't internalize someone else's words and let that be a limitation. Once this happened I did my best in school and overall excelled.

2) When I was in the early stages of starting an organization, one of the co-founders who no longer wanted to be a part of it suggested that we split the money that had been awarded for our efforts previously for personal use. I knew that it was wrong ethically and despite it causing a strain in our relationship I spoke up against this.

3) The organization I co-founded was getting a lot of attention through our business school and we were presented with the opportunity to speak about our organization to some important business people who were a major source of funding for the business school. Despite being an introverted individual I knew that it was important for me to challenge myself and become comfortable with speaking situations.
I feel #1 is more suitable for an Adversity essay.
#2 is for an Ethical dilemma and how you handled it.
#3 is a true Challenge, though you really haven't gotten into how you prepared yourself to face it.

JMO.

Reactions: 1 user