Chance DO Cali Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheFailure

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest taking additional undergraduate science courses in the coming year in order to raise your sGPA to 3.0 or higher. With your current 2.8 you could be screened out at many schools. If your MCAT is at least 505 with a sGPA of 3.0 you could receive DO interviews at some of the newer DO schools.

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest taking additional undergraduate science courses in the coming year in order to raise your sGPA to 3.0 or higher. With your current 2.8 you could be screened out at many schools. If your MCAT is at least 505 with a sGPA of 3.0 you could receive DO interviews at some of the newer DO schools.
Hey, Faha. Do you think schools would look favorably on doing well in classes related to medical school (genetics, microbiology) at a local community college or state state school after graduating? I was thinking about taking two classes in the spring to raise my GPA. I got a 3.6 at my undergrad school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, Faha. Do you think schools would look favorably on doing well in classes related to medical school (genetics, microbiology) at a local community college or state state school after graduating? I was thinking about taking two classes in the spring to raise my GPA. I got a 3.6 at my undergrad school.
Yes, those are good courses to take.

Community College courses are fine. You just need a sufficient number of courses with A's to increase your sGPA to 3.0. When are you planning to take the MCAT?

Community College courses are fine for DO schools and many MD schools. Post your MCAT score here when available in September.