chance for uchicago? feinberg?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted959268

I have some relatives in chicago and overall really enjoy the city. I want to go OOS and have my school list consolidated but my top choices atm are Pritzker and Feinberg because of the curriculum and the immense support they give their students but the situation I am in is weird. I have a 3.3 cGPA and a 520 on the MCAT. Had a solid freshman year, things took a dip sophomore year but im back up again junior year.

-I have a solid resume, good shadowing/ volunteering/leadership.
-Have four great LOR from 2 professors, research PI, and the doctor I shadowed.
-I have solid research background for 4 years experience with pub under review (prob wont get published though since the journal is being difficult) + have presented and gotten awards.

Long story short, the only aspect of my application that could be "red flag" is my gpa. I have other schools lined up in chicago (Rush, Stritch, Rosalind,) and many other states including my hometown as well but my top choice is U of C.

Being realistic do yall think its worth applying to? Do you think I might have a chance?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hard to get into a specific school even if you're a rockstar. The GPA is a concern and taking a gap year in order to have a good senior year on your transcript is likely to do your application wonders. Good luck.

I have some relatives in chicago and overall really enjoy the city. I want to go OOS and have my school list consolidated but my top choices atm are Pritzker and Feinberg because of the curriculum and the immense support they give their students but the situation I am in is weird. I have a 3.3 cGPA and a 520 on the MCAT. Had a solid freshman year, things took a dip sophomore year but im back up again junior year.

-I have a solid resume, good shadowing/ volunteering/leadership.
-Have four great LOR from 2 professors, research PI, and the doctor I shadowed.
-I have solid research background for 4 years experience with pub under review (prob wont get published though since the journal is being difficult) + have presented and gotten awards.

Long story short, the only aspect of my application that could be "red flag" is my gpa. I have other schools lined up in chicago (Rush, Stritch, Rosalind,) and many other states including my hometown as well but my top choice is U of C.

Being realistic do yall think its worth applying to? Do you think I might have a chance?

Thanks in advance.
You should apply because it’s worth it not to wonder “what if”. However, are you a competitive candidate is a different question, and that GPA is low enough that I’m not sure. Did you go to an institution known for grade deflation?

Members don't see this ad :)
If OP did, does it matter? If OP's a Caltech grad, does that absolve the low GPA? A gap year makes sense; two good years could put a lot of academic-ability doubts to bed, coupled with OP's solid MCAT.

The word is Feinberg is progressively placing more and more emphasis on stats with its admissions process so that may be difficult but as the others said an upward trend could help.

Make sure you have at least some experience working with the underserved if applying to Pritzker.

I think it’s definitely worth applying to both schools. They may be reaches but you certainly have enough of a chance & desire to warrant submitting.