Chance me + Advice pls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andy304

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Re-applicant here, have yet to hear back on 1 more WL situation, had 3 total this cycle. However, I am trying to find out if I should just work as a Dental Assistant full-time to get more experience or to apply for a post-bacc program? Advice please!
Thoughts!

Double major: Bio & Chem
oGPA: 3.22
sGPA: 3.34
DAT: 22AA/22TS/23PAT and 26OC
Shadowing: ~160+
Volunteering: ~200

Re-took Organic 1,2: C+ --> A, B+
Re-took Physio: C --> B+
Took upper level Orgos (B+ & A-)

Members don't see this ad.

Re-applicant here, have yet to hear back on 1 more WL situation, had 3 total this cycle. However, I am trying to find out if I should just work as a Dental Assistant full-time to get more experience or to apply for a post-bacc program? Advice please!
Thoughts!

Double major: Bio & Chem
oGPA: 3.22
sGPA: 3.34
DAT: 22AA/22TS/23PAT and 26OC
Shadowing: ~160+
Volunteering: ~200

Re-took Organic 1,2: C+ --> A, B+
Re-took Physio: C --> B+
Took upper level Orgos (B+ & A-)
First off, great job with those DAT scores! Your stats look very solid. If you don’t mind me asking, in which state do you reside? And how many schools did you apply to? I’m wondering if you should expand your applications and apply more broadly. The only other advice I would recommend is get your EC’s up, because it would strengthen your application.

did you retake those courses recently after you’ve heard back from a lot of the schools or was it before you applied? Because if you took them recently then those improved grades may be enough to get you in next cycle, but if the schools already took them under consideration, then I would suggest a postbacc program because your gpa is most likely what’s holding you back.

Members don't see this ad :)
First off, great job with those DAT scores! Your stats look very solid. If you don’t mind me asking, in which state do you reside? And how many schools did you apply to? I’m wondering if you should expand your applications and apply more broadly. The only other advice I would recommend is get your EC’s up, because it would strengthen your application.
Northeast, Tried to keep it mostly east coast to stay near my family. I did a lot of volunteering through greek life and was VP of a sorority (which as you could have guessed took up a lot of time and affected my GPA)

Apply to private northeast schools (BU, Tufts, NYU, Touro) to maximize your chances

Status
Not open for further replies.