Early Decision
Under-represented-minority(Hispanic)
First-generation student

GED Scores:
Science 174:
Social Studies: 174
Math: 165
English: 165

I visited campus and interviewed. I was told I did a great job. I talked about how I want to possibly pursue a career in mental health and help individuals like my mother. I talked about how I wasn't able to begin schooling until the age of 11 due to my mother's paranoia/psychosis. I mentioned how this would have profound effects on any individual, yet I've learned to cope with this.

Volunteer at Pediatric hospital with approximately 250+ hours where I interact directly with patients and their families. It's a deparment called "Child Life"
I also volunteer in the neonatal intensive care unit providing cognitive stimulation to the patients (holding, playing, etc.) ~ 50 hours
I volunteer in the Pathology lab running various errands. ~ 50 hours

I volunteer for the American Red Cross. I am involved in mostly house fire prevention (installing fire alarms fore free, educating communities, etc).

SAT Score: 1200

I think I stood a chance until I got my SAT score. I am not even sure if taking the subject SAT's is worth it now. Maybe I should just go to community college? Maybe apply to another university like University of Oregon?

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely apply to another college as well, but you aren't screwed by any means.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 4.26.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 4.26.10 PM.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 43
Definitely apply to another college as well, but you aren't screwed by any means.
Thank you. Do you know any colleges where high school credits (ex. 4 years of english) and letters of recommendation are not required? UR and University of Oregon meets this criteria.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. Do you know any colleges where high school credits (ex. 4 years of english) and letters of recommendation are not required? UR and University of Oregon meets this criteria.
I don't sorry. I only applied to 2 schools for UG as well.

Wait and see what happens. If you aren't accepted, consider the 2+2 program through MCC.

http://www.monroecc.edu/depts/careercenter/stuserv/h-2+2programs.htm

I'm applying to the University of Rochester

Early Decision
Under-represented-minority(Hispanic)
First-generation student

GED Scores:
Science 174:
Social Studies: 174
Math: 165
English: 165

I visited campus and interviewed. I was told I did a great job. I talked about how I want to possibly pursue a career in mental health and help individuals like my mother. I talked about how I wasn't able to begin schooling until the age of 11 due to my mother's paranoia/psychosis. I mentioned how this would have profound effects on any individual, yet I've learned to cope with this.

Volunteer at Pediatric hospital with approximately 250+ hours where I interact directly with patients and their families. It's a deparment called "Child Life"
I also volunteer in the neonatal intensive care unit providing cognitive stimulation to the patients (holding, playing, etc.) ~ 50 hours
I volunteer in the Pathology lab running various errands. ~ 50 hours

I volunteer for the American Red Cross. I am involved in mostly house fire prevention (installing fire alarms fore free, educating communities, etc).

SAT Score: 1200

I think I stood a chance until I got my SAT score. I am not even sure if taking the subject SAT's is worth it now. Maybe I should just go to community college? Maybe apply to another university like University of Oregon?