Chance me for these colleges/Advice

Started by Wiesal
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Wiesal

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying to the University of Rochester

Early Decision
Under-represented-minority(Hispanic)
First-generation student

GED Scores:
Science 174:
Social Studies: 174
Math: 165
English: 165

I visited campus and interviewed. I was told I did a great job. I talked about how I want to possibly pursue a career in mental health and help individuals like my mother. I talked about how I wasn't able to begin schooling until the age of 11 due to my mother's paranoia/psychosis. I mentioned how this would have profound effects on any individual, yet I've learned to cope with this.

Volunteer at Pediatric hospital with approximately 250+ hours where I interact directly with patients and their families. It's a deparment called "Child Life"
I also volunteer in the neonatal intensive care unit providing cognitive stimulation to the patients (holding, playing, etc.) ~ 50 hours
I volunteer in the Pathology lab running various errands. ~ 50 hours

I volunteer for the American Red Cross. I am involved in mostly house fire prevention (installing fire alarms fore free, educating communities, etc).

SAT Score: 1200

I think I stood a chance until I got my SAT score. I am not even sure if taking the subject SAT's is worth it now. Maybe I should just go to community college? Maybe apply to another university like University of Oregon?
 
Definitely apply to another college as well, but you aren't screwed by any means.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 4.26.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 4.26.10 PM.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 139
Definitely apply to another college as well, but you aren't screwed by any means.
Thank you. Do you know any colleges where high school credits (ex. 4 years of english) and letters of recommendation are not required? UR and University of Oregon meets this criteria.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you. Do you know any colleges where high school credits (ex. 4 years of english) and letters of recommendation are not required? UR and University of Oregon meets this criteria.
I don't sorry. I only applied to 2 schools for UG as well.
 
Wait and see what happens. If you aren't accepted, consider the 2+2 program through MCC.

http://www.monroecc.edu/depts/careercenter/stuserv/h-2+2programs.htm

I'm applying to the University of Rochester

Early Decision
Under-represented-minority(Hispanic)
First-generation student

GED Scores:
Science 174:
Social Studies: 174
Math: 165
English: 165

I visited campus and interviewed. I was told I did a great job. I talked about how I want to possibly pursue a career in mental health and help individuals like my mother. I talked about how I wasn't able to begin schooling until the age of 11 due to my mother's paranoia/psychosis. I mentioned how this would have profound effects on any individual, yet I've learned to cope with this.

Volunteer at Pediatric hospital with approximately 250+ hours where I interact directly with patients and their families. It's a deparment called "Child Life"
I also volunteer in the neonatal intensive care unit providing cognitive stimulation to the patients (holding, playing, etc.) ~ 50 hours
I volunteer in the Pathology lab running various errands. ~ 50 hours

I volunteer for the American Red Cross. I am involved in mostly house fire prevention (installing fire alarms fore free, educating communities, etc).

SAT Score: 1200

I think I stood a chance until I got my SAT score. I am not even sure if taking the subject SAT's is worth it now. Maybe I should just go to community college? Maybe apply to another university like University of Oregon?