DO Chance me, please.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danielbryanheel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
cgpa/sgpa~2.9

(SMP-3.6)

MCAT-22

1000+ hours volunteering
3 months of research
Strong LOR's

Basically, should I still consider re-taking undergraduate classes at a university despite the 3.6 SMP and/or study for the MCAT this semester?

Any guidance/suggestions on what I should do to get into DO school would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can you retake any classes for DO grade replacement? A 3.0+ would help.

What is your MCAT breakdown? It's already a troubling score.... how did you prepare? Do you think you would be able to improve it by retaking?

I am worried that the MCAT is too low to be competitive at any DO program. You wouldbe autorejected at mine.

Retake MCAT but only after fixing deficits.

cgpa/sgpa~2.9

(SMP-3.6)

MCAT-22

1000+ hours volunteering
3 months of research
Strong LOR's

Basically, should I still consider re-taking undergraduate classes at a university despite the 3.6 SMP and/or study for the MCAT this semester?

Any guidance/suggestions on what I should do to get into DO school would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
OP, if you can get a good 3.6 GPA at a SMP, then you really should have no problem boning a 30+ on the MCAT.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Does re-taking a class or two at a CC this semester to bring the c/s gpa >3.0 and re-taking the MCAT in April sound like a good plan?

Also, what do you guys think I should attack the MCAT this time around? My subscores were 7,7,8.

Which should I focus on more based on my scores: content or practice?

Does re-taking a class or two at a CC this semester to bring the c/s gpa >3.0 and re-taking the MCAT in April sound like a good plan?
I agree that getting your GPAs above 3.0 with retakes is a good plan to avoid auto-rejection. First priority would be any prerequisites below a C (some would say below a C+, so be sure you know what your target schools require).

No need to rush the MCAT retake. Retaking in May or June, or later if you aren't repeatedly scoring in your target zone by April, is fine, and would still result in completing your application in good time.