Chance me (updated)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whoopie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.29c, 3.68s, 26P (10bs,9vr,7ps) CT resident

Division III football player in college, 100+ hrs non-medically related volunteering, 400+ hours medically related volunteer work, No research, 26 hours shadowing DO in ED (in progress), URM.

Also, not sure if it matters for DO, but all pre-reqs were at community colleges, save one. Needed to do it around my work schedule.

Just wondering if it's worth hope this cycle with two rejections already.

Members don't see this ad.

URM? Good shot, if your PS etc were sturdy. If not beef your ECs and maybe GPA and reapply and you'll be fine.

Division III football player in college, 100+ hrs non-medically related volunteering, 400+ hours medically related volunteer work, No research, 26 hours shadowing DO in ED (in progress), URM.

1) Also, not sure if it matters for DO, but all pre-reqs were at community colleges, save one. Needed to do it around my work schedule.

2) Just wondering if it's worth hope this cycle with two rejections already.
1) Not a problem.

2) Yes, you have hope, but your shadowing hours are on the sparse side, so I hope you're working on that.

Did you get a DO LOR? If not, work on that, too.

I suggest you call the schools that rejected you and ask for feedback on what you can do to improve your application.

Members don't see this ad :)

Also, not sure if it matters for DO, but all pre-reqs were at community colleges, save one. Needed to do it around my work schedule.

Just wondering if it's worth hope this cycle with two rejections already.

depending on when/where you applied yea theres a lot of hope and youll prob end up ok if you did those two parts right, lol. Look at my MDapps, i have a 26 mcat with less of a gpa and received 5 IIs, but my ECs are a tad better.

A tad? They're stellar!
Thank you for the MD app link, gmh.

Catalystik, I am continuing shadowing at 6.5 hours/week, with a DO LOC coming soon.
I'll call Monday to find where I need improvements in my application, besides completing secondaries sooner of course.

Thank you for the advice Moosepig, I'll definitely be working on beefing up, especially in research!

A tad? They're stellar!
Thank you for the MD app link, gmh.

Catalystik, I am continuing shadowing at 6.5 hours/week, with a DO LOC coming soon.
I'll call Monday to find where I need improvements in my application, besides completing secondaries sooner of course.

Thank you for the advice Moosepig, I'll definitely be working on beefing up, especially in research!

That is the biggest thing :)