Chance me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dnomaid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.07 cgpa, 300 volunteering in children's hospital, urm

I am considering taking off a few years to get a mba (free)

Would it be better just to do a science masters?

Members don't see this ad.

what's your science gpa and realistic mcat range (have you taken a practice test)?

I don't have my science gpa, how do you calculate it.
I have not taken a mcat practice test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your MCAT is the deciding factor, but either way, as much as I would like to advocate for the MBA (based on the outlook of the healthcare field), the science masters will be the most helpful to counteract the low GPA and up your chances of getting an interview.

"
AACOMAS will calculate your GPA and credit hours according to the following rules -- GPAs and credit hours will be calculated for Science, Non-Science and All course work. Science GPAs include Biology/Zoology, Biochemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Other Science, and Physics. Non-science GPAs include Behavioral Science, English, Math, and Other Non-science.

Courses with AACOMAS grades of Pass, Non-pass, and Advanced Placement are not included in GPA calculations. Only the last instance of a repeated course is included in GPA calculation.
"

have you even taken the standard 2 bio, 2 chem, 2 org chem, 2 physics yet?

Your MCAT is the deciding factor, but either way, as much as I would like to advocate for the MBA (based on the outlook of the healthcare field), the science masters will be the most helpful to counteract the low GPA and up your chances of getting an interview.

I agree, the MCAT is definitely the deciding factor. I don't know why so many of these threads have been popping up lately where the OP doesn't even have their MCAT..don't they realize that it can seriously break or make their application.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a 3.07 cgpa, 300 volunteering in children's hospital, urm

I am considering taking off a few years to get a mba (free)

Would it be better just to do a science masters?
Waste of time. Come back when you have the appropriate information available.

Reactions: 1 user