Chance of acceptance after granted an interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gatorchc27

Linda
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
The title pretty much asks my question: What are your chances (%) of being accepted to a school once you've been granted an interview? In other words, if you've been granted an interview at several schools can you pretty much conclude you'll be going to dental school?

Aida

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
gatorchc27 said:
The title pretty much asks my question: What are your chances (%) of being accepted to a school once you've been granted an interview? In other words, if you've been granted an interview at several schools can you pretty much conclude you'll be going to dental school?

Look at the schools stats......here's an example (these are estimates so dont quote me on it):

UF - applicants ~1200, interview ~270, accept ~80....

so that tells u something....if u get an interview....there's a bout a 1/3 chance ull get in :) hope this helps

Aida

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
gatorch27 - by the way, we interview at UF on the same day :) what time is urs....mine is at 9:00 am :)

dexadental

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aida did u go to UF? And if so did you used to be premed? I knew a girl named Aida in my analytical chem class...just curious, if not, good luck anyways at the interview!

Generallee

NYUCD 2010
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aida said:
Look at the schools stats......here's an example (these are estimates so dont quote me on it):

UF - applicants ~1200, interview ~270, accept ~80....

so that tells u something....if u get an interview....there's a bout a 1/3 chance ull get in :) hope this helps

Remember also....that UF "matriculates" 80 people (I'm assuming). That is different than UF "accepts" 80 people. More than likely, they accept about 2 to 3 times that number. So, really either 160 or so they will accept....not everyone will accept an acceptance so schools have to accept more than they matriculate...I heard that Case accepts about 60-70 percent of the people they interview...

Sprgrover

Pulped out Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Generallee said:
Remember also....that UF "matriculates" 80 people (I'm assuming). That is different than UF "accepts" 80 people. More than likely, they accept about 2 to 3 times that number. So, really either 160 or so they will accept....not everyone will accept an acceptance so schools have to accept more than they matriculate...I heard that Case accepts about 60-70 percent of the people they interview...

Exactly. Matriculation numbers are different than those for acceptances. In general, if a school grants you an interivew it means that they are seriously considering your application. Of course an interview is by no means a confirmation of your acceptance, however, in my opinion, your chances are very good. Congratulations on the invites and have fun attending them!

drengineer

Back to surfing!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sprgrover said:
Exactly. Matriculation numbers are different than those for acceptances. In general, if a school grants you an interivew it means that they are seriously considering your application. Of course an interview is by no means a confirmation of your acceptance, however, in my opinion, your chances are very good. Congratulations on the invites and have fun attending them!

This is so very comforting sprgover. I atleast have one interview. I hope to impress them.

gatorchc27

Linda
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aida said:
gatorch27 - by the way, we interview at UF on the same day :) what time is urs....mine is at 9:00 am :)

My time is 11 AM. Is UF your top choice?

Thanks for all the feedback, I figured the % was quite favorable...I'm so excited!!! :D

PowRGnome

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Temple 2005:

Applied 2907
Interviewed 720
Accepted 320
to fill a class of 125.

mochafreak

registered quaffer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
PowRGnome said:
Temple 2005:

Applied 2907
Interviewed 720
Accepted 320
to fill a class of 125.

Does anyone know the interviewed/accepted numbers for Louisville?

Aida

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Great stuff guys - yeah....everyone is right, they do accept more....now I feel even better about my interview :)

Gator....whatever ur nick is (sorry) - nope never went to UF but amazing u know another aida :) i got to UNF...we'll make sure to meet at the interview though :) we can calm each other down...haha im sure i'll need that!

MissingPolaris

Cemetoenamel Junction
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to know the number for Louisville as well!:)

TimR

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dr. Yarbrough from UOP said in a presentation that I was present at:

"The interview is more of an orientation. In other words if we're interviewing you we want you, it becomes a matter of whether or not you want to come"