Chance of DPT flex program as a current PTA with low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Athleticginger

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. Just stumbled upon this forum and was trying to find a thread similar to my situation but I haven't yet. I got my Bachelor's in social sciences in 2011, went to PTA school in 2013 and earned my license in July 2014. I have about three months outpatient orthopedic experience, 3 years skilled nursing, and 1 year of home health so far.
GPA is my issue. My cumulative is around a 3.1 right now. My PTA program GPA was 3.2 I still need Chem 1/2, and Physics 1/2 to be able to apply.
Do you think I would have a shot of being accepted into a flex DPT program like USA or Nova based on my experience?
 
Hey guys. Just stumbled upon this forum and was trying to find a thread similar to my situation but I haven't yet. I got my Bachelor's in social sciences in 2011, went to PTA school in 2013 and earned my license in July 2014. I have about three months outpatient orthopedic experience, 3 years skilled nursing, and 1 year of home health so far.
GPA is my issue. My cumulative is around a 3.1 right now. My PTA program GPA was 3.2 I still need Chem 1/2, and Physics 1/2 to be able to apply.
Do you think I would have a shot of being accepted into a flex DPT program like USA or Nova based on my experience?
I would try to take Chem and physics and get A's in both, it will be awfully hard to get in anywhere without those

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
 
You're within the average GPA range for USA's Flex program. My GPA is rough too and that's the one I'm applying to.

USA allows up to 3 outstanding prereqs, so you'll have to take at least one of those before submitting your app.
 
Definitely a possibility--the stats tend to be lower for those programs. Take a look at weekend programs too. They're made for adult learners and second career people.