Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Chance of getting into UGA

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by RXchick124, Dec 11, 2008.

1. RXchick124

Pre-Pharmacy
    So I receive an invitation for an interview at UGA in January. Does this increase my chance of getting in or is it b/c I turn in my application early? Also, currently I have a PCAT score of 84, overall GPA of 3.80, and maybe a pre-req of 3.65. Do you think my chance of getting into UGA are high? I would appreciate any input!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. thephoenician88

5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    They work off a point system

they assign points to PCAT, then your overall application+GPA, and then interview. Whoever has the most points gets in...

Your pcat and gpa look good, how was the interview?

4. thephoenician88

5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Is anyone else going to a UGA interview? The time should be close...

5. Ephany

7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I went a few weeks ago. They said they'll contact us after everyone's been interviewed, so in April/May with the decision. :xf:

6. RXchick124

Pre-Pharmacy
    The interview was okay. They just ask simple questions, such as why pharm, hobbies, and what are your plans if you don't get in. But I was shocked that they actually asked scenario questions. No one mention that in the interview feedback. But it wasn't too difficult.. I wish you guys good luck!!

7. thephoenician88

5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    oh really, like something you'd see in a retail pharmacy

8. clw03f

Hello All,

I graduated with a 3.72 gpa Magna Cum Laude Honors B.S. degree in Biology. I was a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Fellow & had my research funded as an undergrad, which is now published in the Journal of Botany. I have a couple months of retail experience, currently work in biopharmaceutical research & have LORs from a pharmacist, professor, and current supervisor. I made straight A's through O-Chem 2.......the hitch is that I did not do well on the PCAT, mostly because I totally misapplied my time on the chemistry section and that basically sunk my score. I was 64th percentile. Does anyone think that with my background I have a shot with that score? I'm crossing my fingers that I did better on the January PCAT & hoping that this will help my odds. It's so discouraging that I've worked so hard only to be rejected because of a mediocre standardized test score....I haven't received my Jan scores by mail yet, so I'm assuming that the school hasn't either. Should I be worried that I haven't gotten an interview yet? I've been seeing a lot of posts saying that people have already had January interviews :(

Thoughts? Thanks in Advance (I'm on pins & needles awaiting my scores & a possible interview, so I'd appreciate any feedback!)