Chance To Get Into Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

premed1989

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm really nervous that my chances at getting into medical school are about equal to 0 lol.

Calc I = A
Gen Chem I = B
Gen Chem I Lab = B+
Gen Chem II = B
Gen Chem II Lab = A-
Bio I = W

I'm retaking Bio I and I'm probably going to get an A- or B+... one month to go...Orgo I is about a B or B+...whereas Orgo Lab might be B-...

I think I'll do pretty well in Physics because I did really well in it in HS...

My Major in French and My GPA in that is about 3.9. My overall GPA is 3.639.

Help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeez 🙁
 
I agree with J DUB. Hopefully, you're also working on your extracurriculars. If you can do all that and get a good score on the MCAT, you'll be fine.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks so much you two for giving me some feedback!!!

I've been an EMT-B for 2 years now, work as an Assistant Lab Tech in a Rheumatology Research Lab, and founded a club at my university that examines issues of health within the Queer/LGBTQ Community.

I'm also not sure if I count as underrepresented, but I'm Chilean (although I was born in America)

Do any of these affect my chances?
 
Thanks so much you two for giving me some feedback!!!

I've been an EMT-B for 2 years now, work as an Assistant Lab Tech in a Rheumatology Research Lab, and founded a club at my university that examines issues of health within the Queer/LGBTQ Community.

I'm also not sure if I count as underrepresented, but I'm Chilean (although I was born in America)

Do any of these affect my chances?

gives you some good clinical experience and some leadership with a club/org...Still need to volunteer somewhere and shadow.

Tutoring is a good idea too! or teaching a lab
 
Spanish fluency would be considered a plus, as might hispanic ancestry, but Chileans would not be considered underrepresented minorities.