Chance To Get Into Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm really nervous that my chances at getting into medical school are about equal to 0 lol.

Calc I = A
Gen Chem I = B
Gen Chem I Lab = B+
Gen Chem II = B
Gen Chem II Lab = A-
Bio I = W

I'm retaking Bio I and I'm probably going to get an A- or B+... one month to go...Orgo I is about a B or B+...whereas Orgo Lab might be B-...

I think I'll do pretty well in Physics because I did really well in it in HS...

My Major in French and My GPA in that is about 3.9. My overall GPA is 3.639.

Help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeez :(

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with J DUB. Hopefully, you're also working on your extracurriculars. If you can do all that and get a good score on the MCAT, you'll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much you two for giving me some feedback!!!

I've been an EMT-B for 2 years now, work as an Assistant Lab Tech in a Rheumatology Research Lab, and founded a club at my university that examines issues of health within the Queer/LGBTQ Community.

I'm also not sure if I count as underrepresented, but I'm Chilean (although I was born in America)

Do any of these affect my chances?

Thanks so much you two for giving me some feedback!!!

I've been an EMT-B for 2 years now, work as an Assistant Lab Tech in a Rheumatology Research Lab, and founded a club at my university that examines issues of health within the Queer/LGBTQ Community.

I'm also not sure if I count as underrepresented, but I'm Chilean (although I was born in America)

Do any of these affect my chances?

gives you some good clinical experience and some leadership with a club/org...Still need to volunteer somewhere and shadow.

Tutoring is a good idea too! or teaching a lab

wait are u Chilean or are you American?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm American, but my parents are Chilean. So Chilean-American I guess? Dunno.

no thats fine. i was worried for a moment u were international :S

Reactions: 1 user
Spanish fluency would be considered a plus, as might hispanic ancestry, but Chileans would not be considered underrepresented minorities.