Chance to match into Family Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

westsidestoryz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking to match into a small to medium-sized town in a community-based residency program (no academic hospitals or big cities)

Will be couples matching and both of us are FM with no Step scores, no research, decent volunteering hours, and 2/4 and 3/4 Quartile for class rank

Level 1 scores: 479 for her and 491 for me
Level 2 scores: 467 for her and 431 for me

How many programs should we be ranking and how likely are we to match in similar cities or in the same program?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about couple but you are good for FM match. You should ask how many programs are applying them ranking. It also depends on your state as well where you from. My Level 1 score was higher than yours and level 2 was lower and I matched FM in CA.

Rank the ones you'd go to. Medium sized cities might be a good choice tbh. You can have like 4 FM programs in some cities and thus it becomes a much easier chance to match together where as smaller towns might have an FM program and nothing for 100 miles.

You'll have your choice of programs and will get a large amount of interviews. Matching community FM is not very hard for DO without failures in the levels