Chances... 3.35 GPA / 31 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hydrographer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll. Just got my new MCAT scores. Wondering what my chances are for DO and MD. Thanks!

-Biology major (University of Rhode Island)
-3.35 GPA (3.58 in last 60 credits)
-3.3 sGPA
-3.92 post bacc GPA
-A and B in Bio 1 and 2, A's in both physics, A's in both orgos, B's in both chems
-MCAT- 25 (July) and 31 (September)

-650 hours as volunteer EMT-aid
-Decent amount of random volunteering over the years
-Licensed USCG Captain Since age 18
-Captain of high school volleyball and college club basketball

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Looks pretty good for both types of programs. Just make sure you apply broadly.

Chances excellent for low-tier MD schools, and all the new ones, and any DO program.

Hey ya'll. Just got my new MCAT scores. Wondering what my chances are for DO and MD. Thanks!

-Biology major (University of Rhode Island)
-3.35 GPA (3.58 in last 60 credits)
-3.3 sGPA
-3.92 post bacc GPA
-A and B in Bio 1 and 2, A's in both physics, A's in both orgos, B's in both chems
-MCAT- 25 (July) and 31 (September)

-650 hours as volunteer EMT-aid
-Decent amount of random volunteering over the years
-Licensed USCG Captain Since age 18
-Captain of high school volleyball and college club basketball

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome, thanks!

I should have mentioned I'm applying right now. I know its considered super late for MD schools, and getting late for DO schools... still a good shot for low-tier MDs with that in mind?

Also, I tried to look for a list of "low tier" MD schools to no avail... mind listing a few suggestions?

Yes, my AMCAS and ACCOMAS have been verified since August. I was just dismayed by my 25 MCAT in July so I didn't really apply to many schools until I just got my score back.

I'm scrambling to do a bunch of Supp Apps now, still need to apply to way more schools.

Yes, my AMCAS and ACCOMAS have been verified since August. I was just dismayed by my 25 MCAT in July so I didn't really apply to many schools until I just got my score back.

I'm scrambling to do a bunch of Supp Apps now, still need to apply to way more schools.
If you are going to try for this cycle, apply to OOS friendly schools where your stats are near the median. Start writing the secondary responses stat. It's really late for MD. We've given out almost all the interview invitations already.

thanks! any other school suggestions greatly appreciated