WAMC? 3.63 cGPA, 3.35 sGPA, 517 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghrund102

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there! Nontrad currently applying. Finalizing school list for this cycle...

GPA: 3.63 cGPA, 3.35 sGPA, strong upward trend
Post Bacc GPA - 4.00

MCAT: 517 (129/130/128/130)

1. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): PA
2. Ethnicity and/or race: Other
3. Undergraduate institution or category: Ivy
4. Clinical Experience: ~300 hours clinical volunteering, ~700 hours clinical research (patient-facing)
5. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: ~100 hours across specialties (cardiology, nephrology, pulmonology)
6. Non-Clinical Volunteering: 800+ hours -- mostly tutoring bilingual children
7: Research: 700 Hours in wet lab (no pubs). Some non-science research as well: wrote my undergraduate thesis in Spanish/English politics, conducted some social sciences research as an undergrad with Syrian refugees in the Middle East
8. Other Extracurricular activities: 6000 hours as a consultant (career-changer!), spoke with top physicians and scientists regularly about their clinical and academic interests, advised biotech and pharma companies on commercial strategy and portfolio. Also TA'd organic chem, was part of undergraduate newspaper.
9. Anything else -- Emphasized multilingual abilities, desire to work with underserved populations. Currently getting my certificate in medical translation to work as a translator in my gap year.

School list:
Temple
Drexel
Jefferson
Pitt
Hofstra
BU
SUNY Downstate
GW
Georgetown
USC
Tufts
Tulane
PSU
Geisinger
Wake Forest
OHSU
ECU
SUNY Upstate
Rutgers
Robert Wood Johnson
Emory
Loyola

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

ECU does not admit non residents and OHSU, Rutgers, Robert Woods Johnson, SUNY Upstate, SUNY Downstate admit very few non residents with your GPAs and no connection to the state. You could add these schools instead:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Hackensack
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
TCU
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan