Chances? 3.52 cGPA, 3.6sGPA rising trend

Started by kme243
Tags Tags
chances wmac
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kme243

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! What are my chances of getting in with these stats. Low freshman year and upward trend since then:

Freshman year
cGPA: 2.88 sGPA: 3
Sophomore year
cGPA: 3.7 sGPA 3.72
Junior year
cGPA: 3.78 sGPA: 3.82
Overall:
cGPA: 3.52 sGPA: 3.6

I am taking the MCAT in 3-4 weeks and hoping for 512+. I've taken Kaplan exams and I've been scoring 504-507 and I heard most people score 5-10 higher on the real MCAT. If I get at least 512, what are my chances of getting in and what schools should I apply to with my scores? Iowa resident so I am for sure applying to University of Iowa. Other than that mostly midwest schools and Indiana university since my family moved there recently

Clinical
Clinical job ~ 750hrs
Emergency volunteer ~ 250hrs
Shadow ~200-250hrs

Research
1 Publication
Worked in a lab ~ 500hrs
Received summer research grant / fellowship
Will present a poster next semester

Leadership / Teaching
Lead review sessions (kinda like TA for chem) ~ 400-500hrs
Exec board student org ~ 150hrs
Camp counselor (brought travelling camp to kids in cities) ~ 750hrs
Leadership in a religious org (idk if i should include) ~250 hrs
Tutor ~ 100hrs

Non-clinical volunteer
Hosted events for junior high kids ~ 50hrs
Volunteered at football game concessions ~ 75hrs
 
Last edited:
Hey everyone! What are my chances of getting in with these stats. Low freshman year and upward trend since then:

Freshman year
cGPA: 2.88 sGPA: 3
Sophomore year
cGPA: 3.7 sGPA 3.72
Junior year
cGPA: 3.78 sGPA: 3.82
Overall:
cGPA: 3.52 sGPA: 3.6

I am taking the MCAT in 3-4 weeks and hoping for 512+. I've taken Kaplan exams and I've been scoring 504-507 and I heard most people score 5-10 higher on the real MCAT. If I get at least 512, what are my chances of getting in and what schools should I apply to with my scores? Iowa resident so I am for sure applying to University of Iowa. Other than that mostly midwest schools and Indiana university since my family moved there recently

Clinical
Clinical job ~ 750hrs
Emergency volunteer ~ 250hrs
Shadow ~200-250hrs

Research
1 Publication
Worked in a lab ~ 500hrs
Received summer research grant / fellowship
Will present a poster next semester

Leadership / Teaching
Lead review sessions (kinda like TA for chem) ~ 400-500hrs
Exec board student org ~ 150hrs
Camp counselor (brought travelling camp to kids in cities) ~ 750hrs
Leadership in a religious org (idk if i should include) ~250 hrs
Tutor ~ 100hrs

Non-clinical volunteer
Hosted events for junior high kids ~ 50hrs
Volunteered at football game concessions ~ 75hrs
Bump