Chances at MD and DO? 3.35 GPA 34 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tentomruler

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.35 GPA (strong upward trend, 3.6 my junior year and 3.7 my senior year, A in physiology, A in anatomy, A in research course, A- in O Chem 2, no grade lower than a B+ throughout my junior and senior year)

34 MCAT (11P, 10V, 13B)

2 years AmeriCorps experience (not health related, tutoring low-income kids in math and science, founded an internal math tutoring program, ran summer programs)

3 summers volunteering at hospital

microbiology lab assistant

internship at Pfizer developing ELISA test

lots of tutoring-specific EC's

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1

What is your sGPA--and then we can give you an awesome breakdown. Things lookin good so far though!

A 3.4 sGPA

I got a 2.7 freshman year and a 3.0 sophomore year. :(

Been sort of an uphill battle ever since, but do you think I've climbed mount improbable?

I would say you would get some MD interviews for sure if you apply broadly. You have solid EC's, great MCAT, and even though your GPA is below average you have a good upward trend. What state are you a resident of?

And again, any DO school.

I would say you would get some MD interviews for sure if you apply broadly. You have solid EC's, great MCAT, and even though your GPA is below average you have a good upward trend. What state are you a resident of?

And again, any DO school.

Michigan. Almost negligible chance at U of M, but I think I'll give MSUCHM, MSUCOM and Wayne State a shot. Wayne would be tough. Then of course, lots of OOS friendly out of state schools.