Chances at TCOM/DO Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

healingwave

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
TX Resident
cGPA: 3.5
sGPA: 3.4
MCAT: 500
Research: 3 semesters
Volunteer: ~150 hours
Shadowing: ~50 hours
LOR: 1 PI, 1 human bio, 1 animal humanities, 1 gastroenterologist

What are my chances at TCOM/DO schools? I am also wondering what DO schools should I consider to apply to.

Will be taking MCAT again in July to see if I can get a higher MCAT score so I can maybe have a chance at MD. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Your odds depend on the school's stats. (TCOM is at 3.67/3.57/28; there is a comprehensive list on here.)

right now you stand a little chance at the newer schools and practically none at the more established one. Get a 503-504+ and that can only help you le cause

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed. MCAT is way too low. Perhaps you have a shot at BCOM.

Your fine for other DO schools. I had 6 ii out of 20 schools that I applied to with 3.2/3.4/26, including MSU and KCU. I'm also TX resident. Make sureyou apply early!

Your fine for other DO schools. I had 6 ii out of 20 schools that I applied to with 3.2/3.4/26, including MSU and KCU. I'm also TX resident. Make sureyou apply early!

I believe a 26 is ~502. 500 is 24/25 and believe it or not those few points make a difference because you're on the cusp. Yes there is a chance but when you're at the margin it's also what else you have in the application. EC and life experiences

You're also in the army. They make it much easier for military members to gain acceptance. Unless OP has military affiliations, I doubt he would get as many II's as you did.

Reactions: 1 user
Should I submit my application with my previous MCAT score or wait until I take it in July and receive them in August to submit?