Chances at UMDNJ-SOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redsoxfan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are my chances of getting an interview at this school w/a 3.2gpa and 31mcat (lots of ECs)? it is my top choice for a DO school. i applied back in late july but only today got an email indicating my status was complete, awaiting committee review. i sent an update letter ~2mos ago. anything else i can do at this point? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

what are my chances of getting an interview at this school w/a 3.2gpa and 31mcat (lots of ECs)? it is my top choice for a DO school. i applied back in late july but only today got an email indicating my status was complete, awaiting committee review. i sent an update letter ~2mos ago. anything else i can do at this point? thanks!

I haven't heard a thing from UMDNJ-SOM.

I have a 3.25/32 MCAT from PA. Kuba heard back but is at the top of their waitlist with similar stats (he has a more balanced MCAT and a slightly higher science GPA, too)

hmm, i wonder if residency matters? btw, my mcat is pretty balanced (10,11,10). i wish i lived closer to this school and could have visited...

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm, i wonder if residency matters? btw, my mcat is pretty balanced (10,11,10). i wish i lived closer to this school and could have visited...

yea, as d-max said, I got an interview with 11 11 10 and 3.24(at the time) gpa, 3.1 science, lots of research, clinical, and leadership experience. you're numbers are deserving of an interview but I don't know anything about the rest of your file.

they give preference to those living in the NE, and im sure especially to NJ residents. can i borrow your mcat score, btw? i'll donate a shed of my gpa points ;)