Chances for 2017 PA cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Meecha

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I currently work as a researcher in a prestigious orthopaedic sports medicine clinic. I work with PRP and BMC injections. I'm more on the research side (stem cell research), but now have started interacting with patients via shadowing and injection outcomes. I have a published abstract at ORS.

My gpa is pretty low: 2.9
GRE combined score of 310
Recs would be from a PA - pain management/interventional pain, MD - pain management/interventional pain/injections, and PhD - pioneer of stem cell research

I'm thinking of applying to Keiser (has a lower minimum gpa) - also have family in Miami (Brother is anesthesiologist)

What do you think of my chances?
 
Is your sGPA higher? Do you have any pre-req's left? As it stands, you are not a competitive applicant, even with those LOR's. In general 3.0 is the minimum to get a secondary or interview. Keiser requires a 3.0 cGPA and has a minimum SGPA of 2.75. I would take however many classes you need (and ace them) to get your GPA above 3.0.