Status
Not open for further replies.

futureapppsy2

Assistant professor
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first post, I was wondering what my chances are of getting into any DO school don’t care which one just want to get into a school.

MCAT was 502 128/121/128/125, was a little shocked about the psych cause I was averaging about 127-128 in that section. I suck ass at CARS so not surprised at the score but It still hurts.

GPA is 3.75 with a strong upward trend.

Sophomore year 3.7

junior 3.8

Senior year 4.0

Only reason its a little lower is b/c I got a 2.75 my first semester.

300 hours ER volunteer. I volunteered during one summer my junior year, only stopped volunteering here because I got a job as a scribed at a different ER.

>2000 working as a scribed in a ER. Defiantly my best EC.

200 hours shadowing a cardiologist. Defiantly plan on shadowing a couple more docs.

LOR I have a couple of letters from former professors, 1 from my college advisor, and 1 from a MD that I work with as a scribe. Plan on getting a committee letter, I’m also going to try to get one letter from a DO in the next couple of months.

Not that it really matters but I was a part of a biology honor society during college and society of leadership and success ( 1 semester each).

Do I have a decent shot at getting in somewhere? I get that my EC are pretty bad and my MCAT is atrousious, I plan on volunteering somewhere and shadowing a couple of docs( preferably DO) over the next month. I really don’t want to retake the MCAT but I will if I have to.
Do you have any non-clinical ECs?
Not right now but I’m going to start volunteering at habitat for humanity this month. I’ve also been thinking about volunteering at YMCA as a tutor/mentor.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.