Chances for DO school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmm080

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Currently an undergrad/graduate student with a 3.5 GPA but 3.3 overall GPA. (I got super sick my freshman year which led to some C's and ended up having to withdraw and transfer schools a semester later).
I am currently in a 5 year combined BA/MS program for biological sciences, so I'll Be applying to DO school in 2018/2019 with both a Bachelors of Arts and masters of science which will also boost my GPA to around the 3.4-3.6 or higher mark. The program I am in is extremely research intensive... spending 50+ hours a week doing DNA/RNA research.
I plan to take the MCAT Summer 2018 and would like to apply to D.O school (Rocky Vista in Parker, CO is my top choice)
What are my chances considering my lower GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

Hard to evaluate without your mcat score, but your gpa should be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Pfft --- 3.3 overall (IIRC) with 3.0 in sciences (grades were 18 years old) but 4.0 in prereqs from a community college and 25P on the MCAT -- BC FM Attending at this time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take the MCAT, score over 500 and apply.. my GPA was lower than yours as well. Having good LORs and personal statement should get you an II somewhere

Definitely would recommend getting in some volunteering and shadowing hours, but you're lookin good so far

Please post this in the undergrad forum instead of cluttering medical student forum.

Reactions: 1 user