Chances for DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChrisPBacon7

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering based off my stats which DO programs I have a chance of getting into. Just got my score back from 7/7 MCAT, feeling a bit doubtful now.
MCAT: 502 (126/124/127/125)
cGPA ~3.2, sGPA (for AACOMAS) ~3.1, big upward trend senior year, downward trend on postbac
Exp: - Over 4,000 hrs clinical experience (working ER and outpatient)
- Non-clinical volunteer: 65 hrs (inpatient physical therapy volunteer + soccer coach)
- Shadowing: 40hrs with doctors, 370hrs with physical therapists (initially was shooting for physical therapy, guess that makes me non-trad?)
- Played some college soccer, and also URM (Hispanic)
Grades and MCAT are low, kind of hoping clinical exp would help offset that to some degree. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

What is your gpa broken up by year and with your postbac?

I suggest these schools with your stats:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
UIWSOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
WCU-COM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LECOM (all schools)
Noorda-COM (new school)
You could also try these schools but they are less desirable for various reasons:
BCOM
LMU-DCOM
ICOM
LUCOM

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Freshman ~2.8
Sophomore ~ 2.8
Junior ~ 2.9
Senior ~3.56
Post-Bac ~2.9, really screwed the pooch on organic chem classes

English is my primary/native language, but yes fluent in Spanish. I live in Washington state
Apply to all the schools I listed above and add PNWU-COM. You could also add ATSU-SOMA, TUNCOM and CHSU-COM as those schools are in areas with a large Hispanic population.

Reactions: 1 user
Apply to all the schools I listed above and add PNWU-COM. You could also add ATSU-SOMA, TUNCOM and CHSU-COM as those schools are in areas with a large Hispanic population.

Thank you for the advice!!