Chances for DR Re-applicant - Current PGY-1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RadAurelius

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2nd time applying to Rads (100 programs; R, PGY-1, PGY-2 spots) -- Where do I stand?

Profile:
Current PGY-1 in Transitional Year program
US-IMG (2021), ECFMG-certified
Step 1 225, Step 2 247
14 publications incl. posters, case reports, peer-reviewed papers
Signaled low-tier programs in urban settings
 
I successfully as a reapplicant two cycles ago as a usdo. It is honestly really difficult right now to match into DR. Did you apply to another specialty in 2021? I am the same year. I think your IMG status will hurt you a lot. Your step 1 is kind of low and step 2 is below the average score for matched applicants.

My second cycle, I got more interviews but that was because I applied to every single program that took DOs in the past. I didn’t have signals my year but I would have used them in smart geographic choices that regularly took DOs or grads from my school.
 
I don't see any reason why you aren't applying to every program in the country. The extra couple thousand is absolutely worth it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't see any reason why you aren't applying to every program in the country. The extra couple thousand is absolutely worth it
Yeah if you’re an IMG with a 225 1 there’s no question you apply everywhere, sounds like OP is going off of outdated data
 
2nd time applying to Rads (100 programs; R, PGY-1, PGY-2 spots) -- Where do I stand?

Profile:
Current PGY-1 in Transitional Year program
US-IMG (2021), ECFMG-certified
Step 1 225, Step 2 247
14 publications incl. posters, case reports, peer-reviewed papers
Signaled low-tier programs in urban settings
how many interviews did you get the first time with such a limited application strategy?