Chances for GI fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lzzhang07

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
IMG on green card and can be citizen if it helps, current on PGY 2

No location preference and plan to apply broadly

step 1 and 2 both 250+ CS first pass
Step 3 230+
Good ITE score
Academic program ranked between 50 -70 with in house GI ( no favor for internal applicants )

~5 national conferences posters and submitted 10+ database analysis to DDW first authors

one non-GI journal prior residency

worrying about lack of manuscripts but will be in very busy clinic rotations until end of Feb.

Any idea for how likely I will be matched? what should I focus on to improve my chance of matching?

thanks for your help!

have at least one or two manuscript.
make connections to your in house GI program since they know people also.

database projects if they do not become Pubmed or IRB approved and after submitted for publication don’t mean anything.

we just pass by those nice data base posters. Get the idea either do a literature review or IRB at home institution and get published (somewhere).
Nhanes is good.
NIS is so played out but still nice as a build up.
But IRB approved projects or literature reviews even are what scholarly activity is scored highly on.

my advise : publish papers with the GI attending at your institution like now.

have at least one or two manuscript.
make connections to your in house GI program since they know people also.

database projects if they do not become Pubmed or IRB approved and after submitted for publication don’t mean anything.

we just pass by those nice data base posters. Get the idea either do a literature review or IRB at home institution and get published (somewhere).
Nhanes is good.
NIS is so played out but still nice as a build up.
But IRB approved projects or literature reviews even are what scholarly activity is scored highly on.

my advise : publish papers with the GI attending at your institution like now.

but with regards to chances. Is pretty good chances.