Chances for Non-Trad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kayak30

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
as which class to re-take do you have a pre- med adviser? they would be the best to ask.
as for stats:
I am 32, MCAT 26, no research,GPA 3.38, Sci GPA 3.58 ~250 clinical/shadowing/volunteer hours, applied to only DO, mult interviews, mult acceptances.

Hope this gives you hope!

Thanks! It's good to see stats, congrats on acceptance. I don't have an advisor, the one I had wasn't helpful, so SDN folks are my advisors :)

Members don't see this ad :)
At this point I say take the CC route, solely on your financial situation alone.

1) Should I re-take Phys 1 & lab at the community college? There is no way I can return to Loyola and pay $3000+ for the classes anymore, I'm a non-trad career changer and I pay cash.

Go for the summer re-take. You need to present the best possible packet.

If I should re-take Phys 1 w/lab should I do it in the spring so I have the grade replacement for DO ready to go during apps, or should I take just the Ochem 2 and study for my April MCAT, and then re-take in the summer? I do work full time.

They do not round up

3) Also, when I list the grades for AACOM/ACOMAS apps do they round the gpa? Would it say 3.37 or 3.4?

Your GPA right now isn't that competetive for MD schools. So, for them, you're going to need a 33> (ie, getting intot he upper 10-15th %ile).

4) What is the minimum MCAT that I need? I plan to do Sn2ed plan.

Thanks! Ill retake in the summer, but it will be after I apply so is there an option to show its in progress, or do I wait until I finish the retake and simply send in a new transcript?

Thanks! Ill retake in the summer, but it will be after I apply so is there an option to show its in progress, or do I wait until I finish the retake and simply send in a new transcript?

I think you can show planned courses/MCATs.