Chances for osteopathic student to "scramble" into unfilled positions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

StrivingSurge13

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all. I am a current 4th year Osteopathic student who unfortunately failed to match Peds in the AOA match. I have a couple possible routes to follow at this point. One of which is to participate in the NRMP scramble ( or SOAP i guess its called now) and try to gain a position in either one of the dually accredited AOA/ACGME programs or even strictly ACGME programs. However, as a DO student who didn't take a USMLE I'm unsure about my chances, and in fact unsure about, historically, how many unfilled positions are usually available in Peds post match. Any info to help shed light on this situation would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance!
 
Thanks! that is exactly what I was looking for. I found the data on the NRMP site but it wasn't organized by specialty so it was harder to find what I was looking for.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad