Chances of admittance?

Started by Sixty6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sixty6

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am applying for the 2023-2024 cycle right now and I was hoping to hear from a couple of you about what you think my chances are. The main thing I am worried about is my observation hours as I am a D1 athlete who has not had that much time outside of sports and school to get hours. I am hoping to go straight through from undergrad to DPT.

I am applying to a bunch of programs but the main ones are Washington University in St. Louis, the University of Miami (got an interview already), UCSF, the University of Pittsburgh, Boston University, and the University of Florida.

Cumulative GPA: 3.84
PreReq GPA: 3.81
GRE: not taking GRE
Hours: ~180hrs. 100hrs Ortho/Sports PT, 35hrs wound care PT, 20hrs home health PT, 15hrs neurological PT
Letters of rec: 2 PTs, 2 professors, 1 head coach
Other: D1 athlete
 
Hi!

I am also applying so I don't know if my opinion is valuable or not, but I think you have a competitive application! However, I am also applying to UF and they require the GRE so I would definitely take it